AWUM : An Ultra Marathon Exclusively in Cebu for Women

AWUM is an exclusive ultra marathon held every year in celebration of national women's month in the month of March.  All Women Ultra Marathon or AWUM this year is in its 6th edition.  The opening of its registration was like selling hotcakes.  All the 300 slots was sold out in just 10 minutes from the opening of its' website registration.  So, imagine how excited those ladies are to run this yearly event.  

The grueling 50 kilometer ultra marathon for women is exclusively only here in Cebu City Philippines. Women celebrates and show to the world that they are strong enough to tackle a 50 kilometers distance.  Women of different ages are treated like a queen from the start of the race and at the finish line they were given each a rose. Yes, women rules the road and deserves royalty treatment.  The running communities or teams were there to support in their respective stations.  It is in festive mood with their kindness, foods and drinks offered to us.  It has been said that AWUM is the longest fashion show in the world.  And, I am lucky to get the chance once again to participate with the help of ADR which is the running team that I belong.

The 6th edition of AWUm was on March 11, 2017 from 10 p.m. and 8 a.m. the following day.  The cut-off is 10 hours.  The starting point and the finish line this year was at Il Corso of South Road Properties. This is my second time to cross the finish line of AWUM.  I am proud to say that I still managed to cross the finish line without long runs and practice.  I lack mileage and I don't have the tapering period since I don't know what to taper for when I don't have the long runs. I just stay on my will power to be strong.  I avoided injuries and I just keep it slow.  I fast walked most of the time.  Although I exceeded 11 minutes on cut-off, I am still happy and contented since I got cramps on my legs for a lot of times.  I just move on until the finish line.  Thanks to God that I made it.  

Team ADR - All Female

I love the finisher's shirt and the finisher's medial.  I also love the race kit with the visor.
Taking it easy a few meters to the finish line.  At long last the red rose!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dalaguete Triple Thrills : Osmeña Peak, Eagles Cave and Obong Spring

Chasing Waterfalls : Tumalog Falls of Oslob