Chasing Waterfalls : Dauh Falls at Samboan Cebu

Hello there!  It's been a long time since I was not able to put another blog about Cebu places here.

I almost forgot that I have my blog posts here in Blogger for almost 2 years.  So, to continue the fire burning I want to blog here on the waterfalls here in Cebu.  Just a while ago I came to know that Cebu has a lot of water falls aside from the famous Kawasan falls.  You can search that in the internet which you can find plenty of information about the waterfalls in Cebu particularly at the south area.

I am now currently working home based and I thirst to explore or go out of my cave at the house in my neighboring towns to ease my boredom of just staying at home. 

The other day which is my rest day, I went to the municipality of Samboan Cebu to visit Fantasy Beach.  I enjoyed visiting the place and I can really say that Fantasy Beach is worthy to visit. I will blog it also later here.  After the visit, I don't know where else to go and I said to myself to just give it a try to visit Dauh Falls.  I have no idea on how far it is from the national road at first and it is already past 3 pm.

I rode a motorcyle called "habal habal" in the locality to go from the Fantasy Beach or national road up to the entrance area.  I paid 50 pesos for the fare.  I thought it is just near just like the nearby Aguinid Falls, but I found out that it is 1.5 kilometers which is the same distance of Kawasan road from the national highway.  I found out that the road up to there is not the same as the route to Kawasan Falls.  The route is a bit off-road or bumpy, uphill and even muddy during that time.

I arrived in the entrance place and paid P20.00.  After that a guide led me the way to the falls.  I thought that it is just near but we walked for about 30 to 45 minutes to the falls.  In the middle of it I almost quit, although I love the area where we passed specially that I missed those days of trekking and hiking.  It felt like I am doing the Endurance Run of Argao Highlands by the way.  It is just like it although the route is just shorter.  I asked the guide if we were already near and he said that not yet. There were no other person during that except the two of us.  So, I felt a little bit of awkwardness or fear. We went through a hanging bridge made of bamboo, stair also made of bamboo, we trekked on the stream or river, made our way to climb up on man made steps.  Just be careful on every steps there to avoid an accident of falling on the side which is really very dangerous.  Be sure of your every step and just go on.  I just kept on going up and follow the led of the guide until finally we're already there.  It made me happy to finally see the waterfalls of Dau.  I admired her beauty.  It is one of a kind.  The water is just shallow and cool.  But it is already past 4 pm and we need to go since the last batch of visitors already left the area.  I want to visit Dau Falls again in the future.  My visit there was really a worthy one.

Here is my picture taken at Dau Falls at Samboan Cebu.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dalaguete Triple Thrills : Osmeña Peak, Eagles Cave and Obong Spring

AWUM : An Ultra Marathon Exclusively in Cebu for Women

Chasing Waterfalls : Tumalog Falls of Oslob